Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Parenting and all that jazz

(attributed to psychotherapist and “relationship expert” Heide Banks):

“If you look at the best research on parenting, it comes down to one thing and one thing only. Not what you teach your children or how much time you spend with them, or if you read to them or not. What it comes down to is who you are, because we teach who we are. You read, your child will read. You watch too much TV, your child will. You do service in the world, your child will do service in the world. So the best way to get past all the worries is to be the best you that you can be. And forgive yourself when you are not. Be an example to yourself that your child can be proud of.”

So what you do think? For the record, I'm inclined to agree...looks like I have some goals to improve myself for the year 2009. ;-)

2 comments:

adreanaline said...

Agree. That's why we unschool - and why it can be hard! :D

Lee said...

That is so true. If so, I'm afraid my kid is going to become a computer junkie :)

Nice to find your comment on my blog! I have a second one which you might like, too (you know, because you aren't busy at all) http://crazyhippieworld.blogspot.com/